Which center console should I get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I'm going to a couple yards tomorrow and was going to see what they had for center consoles. I like the idea of taking a NBS console and putting it in my truck. What years and models should I be concentrating on for least amount modifications needed? I know there will no doubt be some cutting involved. Thanks for the help.

wallyc483

Reaction score
what year truck?? if you have an obs, i would recomend the 99-01 escalade console.. its a bolt in peice and looks great.. just very hard to find!!! if you find one i would buy it anyway.. they usually sell anywhere from $240 to $400 depending on condition.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
^ this , I lucked out and found one at my local yard , I love it ,its bolt in and designed to fit in our trucks .the only mod I had to do is unbolt the factory mount with the hook that clips on the bottom of the console and spin it around and bolt it back down ,this is because the front of the console would allow the console to slid back . I'm on my phone now ill dig up a pick if you want

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If you get the long one out of an Escalade, make sure to get the block plate that goes on the heater outlet under the dash. It directs the heat around the console instead of into it. It looks like a flat piece of plastic with two squarish, round holes on the sides. Couple of screws hold it on & it has to go on before the console is installed. The console has two indents in the front, on the sides, for the heater outlets on the block plate.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Thanks sewlow, I forgot about that , my tahoe had the right air box so I just swapped them, guess its good to have 2 trucks ,swap was easy though took about 10 min

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I figured the escalade was the one to get and will be next to impossible to get. I'm going to look around and see what I can find. Thanks for the replies.