Where to find OEM Oil Stick for 94 350 5.7?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A-Maze-Zing

Reaction score
My original rusted and the end broke when checking my oil one day.. I've searched the web and my local junk yards, but I can't find the original T-handle style. I found one t-handle out of a 4.3 but it was too short to even measure any oil. So right now im using the newer round yellow oil stick but it won't fit down into the holder so oil spits out.

Does anyone know where i can find one online or if the tube off a newer model will fit (96-98?).

My truck is a 1994 GMC Sierra 350 5.7.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
You should be able to use the newer style tube without problem. Junkyard would probably be a good place to look. Probably won't cost you $2.

A-Maze-Zing

Reaction score
I've checked the local ones around meridian and in decatur, but no luck..ill try to find a new tube this weekend when i go to the junkyard.

98_k1500

Reaction score
Funny thing is, i have a tube for a 94 at the shop lol
Actually, i might have a 94 dipstick. Not sure if it broke it off when the motor blew up or not. I can check tonight, but it'll be monday before i can let you know anything. I don't have internet access except for at work.

98_k1500

Reaction score
You do need to be sure your tube and dipstick match tho, otherwise your oil level will be off.

A-Maze-Zing

Reaction score
With the dipstick im using now, outa of a new model vortec, was the same length as the old so i know my oil level is close to accurate. It just won't fully snap in one the round handle reaches the top of the tube. And if you have one that would be great, just let me know ill buy it from you.