Where to buy brake lines for Long Bed Ext Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Bro call a unisource auto parts or a napa. and buy a 15 dollar pipe bender. They already double flare the fittings for you! All you gotta do is put in a union fitting.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
he doesn't want unions or splices.

if nobody has a kit I'd run reg. lines not stainless if you can get them.

If not then maybe a roll of stainless and a bender with a flare. I see no need for a bunch of unions bend you up one line front to rear, then if need be for the shorter lines get some more line, then use the t blocks and such like factory.

Those compression style line unions are not meant for brake lines and you technically are NOT supposed to use them on brake lines. I've done it and have had several vehicles that have had it done from somebody else in the past and never had an issue.

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
send gmpartsdirect.com an email with your vin. they'll get ya some. [email protected]

Cool, I'll try them first...
I called the dealer and they only had it in a roll so I couldnt get a part number to plug into gmpartsdirect.

If this fails, I found a hydraulic supply co. near me that said they can make them up.
Think I'll find a long bed ext. cab in the junk yard for the donor lines.
May actually already have them.....but since decided to go with new. I'll do some measuring before I go pulling more lines.
Thanks for the help...

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
before I went and got junkyard lines I'd buy a roll or at least find some pre fab reg. lines.

You said they didn't have SS ones so do they carry reg. ones?

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
before I went and got junkyard lines I'd buy a roll or at least find some pre fab reg. lines.

You said they didn't have SS ones so do they carry reg. ones?

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

I dont want to waste money on a roll of tubing, especially if I'm not planning on using it. The only prefab regular lines is what I'd be after at the Pull a Part. I may actually already have these. I just need to check the length and fittment.

I havent found anyone that has SS or regular lines. Only long bed reg cab, ext cab sort bed and suburban.

I know I could bend and fab the lines, but I already have too many projects. I just want to change my lines lol.

On top of that, I have a dump bed and would like the lines to look right when I tilt the bed up. I only have 285,000 miles on the truck, so I want to do these lines right, 1x for the next 300,000 miles.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what I meant is that you would rather go to a junkyard and buy old used lines that could be crap, instead of buying new line.

I know if it were me I'd buy new, bend or not, fittings flares etc. it's still better then old stuff.

Thus since you can't find prebent new, why go with old ones?