Wheel Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'd like my tires to stick out a little more, and my front ones seem to stick out more than the rears. I've never ran wheel spacers on anything before, but they seem like they'd be a cheap fix.

How thick of a spacer can you run before you have to lengthen the studs? And if I want my tires to be flush, should I put smaller ones on the front?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.

logikfive

Reaction score
Depends on the spacers you buy. Thin ones generally (1/8" or so) you can get away without doing anything, and that's how they come. The wider ones, typically offset the bolt pattern and come with pre-installed studs. Basically you bolt the spacers on using the stock axle studs, then bolt your wheel to the spacer. I'm not really sure how this would work on a 6-lug, but it's how I've seen almost all wider (1/2") 5-lug setups.

Yes, you'll want the thinner spacer on the front.

Make sure, however if you do get them that they are hub-centric. This means they have a lip to center the spacer onto the wheel, preventing balancing issues.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look on ebay they have some that are wide what one does is you bolt the spacers to your studs and the spacers have studs that's what you need. Look up this number on ebay just so you will have a idea to what im talking about.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
U can get some thick spacer just figure out what you need. Also dont skimp and buy cheap ones protect ur investement and spend a few bucks more

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have run 2" spacers on the rear for about 2 years and never had any issues. just make sure they stay torqued down.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. What size would I need to bring the rears flush with the fronts? I guess I need to know that before I can decide what sizes. I don't want anything extreme just a noticeable difference with the rears flush.

Askme42

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new rough country spacers? What are your opinions on them? Thinking of getting some I really don't plan on doing any serious off roading or anything.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
i'm running 1.5" spacers, I wish I would have ran 2" ones on the rear though. i'd go at least 1/2" more on the rear, I dont think you can go over 2" though.. I wouldnt want to either.

I'd reccoment 1/2" or 1" on the front and 1/2" bigger on the rear