Wheel Center Caps Orientation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highwaystar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the back of the cap have the circle to over the lug nuts, like an alignment?

Yes, but they don't actually touch, the center caps can spin around freely.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I concur. I also have a set of the smooth caps. I think the smooth were used on ‘95 & up eh.
Yes smoothie caps were factory on the later trucks/SUVs but will fit the earlier wheels. This type of wheel is designated by GM N90, like the early style 5 spoke brushed finish aluminum wheel the pickup used. The ten spoke N90 (mark ll I call them) is the aluminum wheel for C1500 Burb and Tahoe/Yukon, but will fit any trucks with the 5 on 5" pattern.

highwaystar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the back of the cap have the circle to over the lug nuts, like an alignment?

I just took em off & the back of the caps do have circles that sort of cover the lug nuts & so they align as in the 2nd picture.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just took em off & the back of the caps do have circles that sort of cover the lug nuts & so they align as in the 2nd picture.
I’m guessing that’s the intention, but it seems you can mount either way. Unnoticeable at “Highway” speed!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I’m guessing that’s the intention, but it seems you can mount either way. Unnoticeable at “Highway” speed!
As long as they're snapped on properly, they shouldn't go anywhere....had em on both Burbs and never had one come off.