whats the mounting Depth i have ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

florida-boy

Reaction score
im looking to get the rockford t3652-s and they got a 2.8" mounting depth , just wondering if theyd fit or not or hit the window?
im pretty sure they will

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year truck are you reffering too? I assume a 95+, I am not sure how much clearance you have behind the speaker mounting location. However, you should be fine with 2.8", if you do have depth issues, you can simply make/buy a spacer to set the speaker out the desired distance! The Fosgate T3's should sound great in your truck! Good luck!

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
What do you mean hit the window? Where are you mounting them? What year is your truck? Need more info for proper answers.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What do you mean hit the window? Where are you mounting them? What year is your truck? Need more info for proper answers.

It's gotta be a 95+, as the front channel speakers and tweeters are mounted in the door pannels!

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, I was thinking he was talking about the windshield. Thanks for explaining it. Pull out the stock speakers, and measure it. See what the depth is. Or like mean said, get yourself some spacers.

florida-boy

Reaction score
sorry, yea its a 98' k1500 . i mean im pretty sure itd fit , but i read some guy had the problem when he rolled his window down it actually hit the speaker....?hrmmhermm?
but i cant wait to put them in ,going to be nicee
and iam getting a new head unit if you guys have any suggestions. im looking at either pioneer or alpine?

florida-boy

Reaction score
alright, so i have the t3s , now i just want to get an amp that will be run them even cleaner.iam eventually going to add a 12' sub so i was looking 5-channel amps but dont know if thats the way to go or to get 2 seperate amps for the speakers and the sub. if you guys would give some suggestions thatd be sick. thanks

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
the bad thing about t3s is the company shut down i was going to order some t2000 12s. went to look for a local dealer on their website and it was closed

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sorry, yea its a 98' k1500 . i mean im pretty sure itd fit , but i read some guy had the problem when he rolled his window down it actually hit the speaker....?hrmmhermm?
but i cant wait to put them in ,going to be nicee
and iam getting a new head unit if you guys have any suggestions. im looking at either pioneer or alpine?

Kenwood head unit with a nice 2 channel kenwood amp should take care of your needs ...
Also, A trim ring spacer between your door and door pannel should be all you need to make just about any 6.5" driver to fit in these doors ...