What truck to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to be buying another truck and cant decide what type of truck to buy. I like the obs trucks but also like some others like this.....
You must be registered for see images attach

Do you guys think I should buy another obs and lift it or buy like a 2000 and lift it? I also tow and need a decent tow truck.

What would you guys do:hmm:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
i wouldn't bother with a 4.8L/5.3L NBS, would have to be a Dirtymax or 6.0L for me to get into one.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I'm leery of early NBS trucks, simply because I'm not familiar with them and it seems like it was '02 before they really got the kinks out but it seems they are really lasting, many with 200k miles locally for sale, but don't forget they are now older trucks starting to break past 10+ years.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I'm leery of early NBS trucks, simply because I'm not familiar with them and it seems like it was '02 before they really got the kinks out but it seems they are really lasting, many with 200k miles locally for sale, but don't forget they are now older trucks starting to break past 10+ years.

my dad has a 2002 Dirtymax CCSB 2500HD, currently has 390,000KM's on it, seems like its doing good, and gets WAY better MPG then his old TBI 350 in his 1500 ECSB.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I'm not surprised, they seem to be typical GM trucks lasting for years and years with hard miles as long as they have proper maintenance.

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yeah, most of them i see for sale have high mileage or doesnt show on the page.

i wouldn't bother with a 4.8L/5.3L NBS, would have to be a Dirtymax or 6.0L for me to get into one.

Yeah 6L would be good. I dont like all the looks of the nbs trucks tho. I like a more square front end compared to the nbs round.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I'm not surprised, they seem to be typical GM trucks lasting for years and years with hard miles as long as they have proper maintenance.

mhm, and his has HARD Bush/Gravel road miles. NBS's are good trucks, just dont know if the 5.3/4.8's are worth it.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Yeah, most of them i see for sale have high mileage or doesnt show on the page.

Yeah 6L would be good. I dont like all the looks of the nbs trucks tho. I like a more square front end compared to the nbs round.

check out the 99-02 Chevy HD fronts, a little more square and a nicer looking hood, GMC didnt have a HD specific front just FYI.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im looking at 04-07 trucks right now. Can find a lot of them in this area right now.....problem is, a 3/4 ton, gas, crew cab, short box, 4x4 with decent options and low mileage is like looking for ******* at the vatican....NOTHING. I like our body style of trucks, but riding around in my buddys 06 Duramax Crew......me likey, thats a nice truck for driving lots of miles. Im just leery of diesels for no other reason than parts cost and the fact that I know NOTHING about them....I dont want to take the truck to the dealer for any kind of small **** problem. Plus the price range Im looking at it would be an 02-04 Duramax, which Ive heard have a injector problem that costs huge money to fix.