What to use for performance parts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChromedZ71

Reaction score
I have a '98 5.7L Vortec. Looking to slowly gather parts to increase it's performance level.

Currently have:

Cold air intake
Performance coil
Long tube headers/ no cats/ Magnaflow muffler

Looking to upgrade distributor, fuel pump, and throttle body at this point in time. What does everyone suggest for brands and such? What are the price ranges of them? I'm not looking to break the bank.

After i turbo (couple years from now) it I am looking to have 5-600HP, so for now I just want to slowly add bits here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully you plan on upgrading to an ls for the turbo

ChromedZ71

Reaction score
Going to try the vortec see what can come of it. Got a lot more to build up before I trust a turbo on it.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not many people turbo the sbc anymore. Especially ones with the Vortec injection. Your Vortec injection is gonna limit you on every aspect

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A lot of people put the walbro 250s in them if I'm not mistaken. An hei msd distributor would probably be your best bet. Throttle body has endless possibilities but I would leave the stock one until it can't handle your engine anymore