What seat replacement options for 2 dr tahoes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goldhawg

Reaction score
I've looked thru most of the pages on the bucket seat swap thread, but I didn't really catch any for 2 doors. Since I need to preserve the rear seat entry (need the slide function), what options have others found? I find the existing buckets very uncomfortable and not supportive.

Thx for any ideas you have.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Buckets from a 2 door car would work. I'm looking into Pontiac Grand Prix gtp seats. From 97-03 2 door.

The adjusters will need to be swapped over :hmm:

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I swapped out my buckets for a 60/40 split. The 60 side is the driver side and I mounted both so they would slide forward. I built a bracket for the middle hump the the 60 part would bolt into the holes in the floor where the center console would go. I have used it for 4 years like that now.

Frankie2Door

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of people around the internet doing the newer (upwards of 2010-2012) Tahoe seat conversions into 2 door Tahoes. I was just wondering if anyone had any info on these because I've basically just seen pictures and YouTube videos of the conversion with no explanation. I'm also stuck in a rut about what seats to get because my driver side is literally on it's last bolt about to smash into the back window when I accelerate. I'd want to put something a little nicer than the cloth without losing back seat access. Even if anyone is familiar with the mechanics of the forward tilt mechanics of 2 door seats with a side handle, I'd like to learn about it and try to tackle something custom. Anything is appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.