What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Thanks Devin! I thought that it was from the heater control mechanism.
I've never changed the bulbs in that O/H light.
The previous owner was a mechanical doofus. All he owned for tools was a multi-bit screwdriver, a pair of slip joint pliers & a hammer! So who's to say what he had attempted to repair with those, along with NO mechanical knowledge.
But he was honest about that & admitted it. The reason why anything & everything that the truck ever needed was done at the dealership it was bought from.
I could see him trying to change a bulb though. How hard could that be to do? Lol!

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
Impressive.....:)

*takes a bow* Thank you, thank you. ;)

The previous owner was a mechanical doofus. All he owned for tools was a multi-bit screwdriver, a pair of slip joint pliers & a hammer! So who's to say what he had attempted to repair with those, along with NO mechanical knowledge.
But he was honest about that & admitted it. The reason why anything & everything that the truck ever needed was done at the dealership it was bought from.
I could see him trying to change a bulb though. How hard could that be to do? Lol!

Hahaha, I took a few years off of college and worked in a wrecking yard, the sheer number of things I've disassembled or parts pulled with a Leatherman Wave or Surge is amazing. I think my best is pulling a steering wheel with audio controls from a 99 or so S-10 Blazer. Glad I could solve your mystery.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I buy all my trucks from that guy!

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Damnit, Devin beat me to it. I just did a couple dome light mods so I knew exactly what it was haha

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Yea, I had no idea, my dome light contains no such thing, must have been discarded sometime in the truck's past.