What is this harness above my steering column encased in foam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
It's for a switch your truck didn't come with most likely. My guess is it would be for the rear wiper switch if you had the tailgate/liftglass. Since GM mostly used the same harness between many models regardless of options actually installed.

ShaneM

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's for a switch your truck didn't come with most likely. My guess is it would be for the rear wiper switch if you had the tailgate/liftglass. Since GM mostly used the same harness between many models regardless of options actually installed.
I have the tailgate/liftglass. Maybe something else, but clearly not used. Rear light for truck bed?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
4wd is connected in the bottom of the pic, and that's the wrong style connector for the truck cargo light switch. The only other one I can think of is maybe the fog light switch.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I literally just said... Wrong style connector for the cargo light switch.

I'll look at my fog light switches I have when I get home tonight if no one else does.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I literally just said... Wrong style connector for the cargo light switch.

I'll look at my fog light switches I have when I get home tonight if no one else does.

My bad. Over looked "cargo light"

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a cool little easter egg. I just dug in mine. Found 3 connectors:)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach