What do I have? A leak for sure.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pampo'sTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know for sure that my grandfather replaced the engine and the tranny years ago. Since he has passed I can't just ask him. I can't be sure if he put in what came out or not. I took some photos of my tranny maybe you can all help me identify what it is. As you can see I have a leak there at the tail shaft and so I need to figure out what it is so I can then ask how to fix it lol.

From what I gather my truck came with a 700R4. How do I tell if that's what it is or if he has upgraded it?

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Pampo'sTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh I guess I should add that my odometer stopped working back in umm, 2004 or something at 180,000.00 exactly. I thought it was kind of cool because of that but sometimes I wish it worked. Like when I want to try and figure out my fuel mileage.That was 4 years after my grandpa passed and maybe 20k miles after the motor and tranny being replaced. Also I'm sure my truck has I dunno close to 300k miles on it by now. I'd like to get it working again. Any tips?

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a 700r4 to me, just confirm there is only one 4 pin electrical connector that probably only has 2 wires if I remember right. the one behind shift lever, the second one near the tail shaft is the speedometer output. You need is a trans output seal. I tried to find the part number but looks like at least 2 options so you might want to pull the seal out and that it to the parts place to match up. The seals are pretty cheap.