what causes my converter to unlock while cruising down the highway...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will try the brake switch replacement first and wait and see if it still does it. I wont be convinced it is the brake switch until it doesnt do it for 3 months straight.

Is the brake switch a plug and play part or does it need to be adjusted after its installed??

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
On 1994-up there is no adjustment, it just installs by slipping over the stud on the brake pedal then swiveling around to lock on to the rod.

Richard

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Updating this thread with the cause of my issues. The converter is acting up due to random misfires in the engine. Im loosing coolant so Im assuming I have a bad head gasket. I will be doing a compression test this weekend.

mistaake

Reaction score
Updating this thread with the cause of my issues. The converter is acting up due to random misfires in the engine. Im loosing coolant so Im assuming I have a bad head gasket. I will be doing a compression test this weekend.

That's funny. I was reading this and about to post "misfires can cause this even if no check engine light"... could also be the lower intake manifold gaskets, that is a very common failure. Use the revised Fel-Pro gaskets to replace the original plastic ones that pretty much always fail. The intake gasket can cause simliar symptoms as a bad head gasket. Can cause coolant loss (external look, burning it, or it can end up in the oil*) *check it now, can cause permanent damage!