What brand fuel pump to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am replacing my 1994 reg cab shortbox stock 350 tbi fuel pump ,what brand is the most reliable and should i go with the later year pump 96 up to get the higher pressure pump will it be more reliable?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you planning to go with a higher fuel pressure regulator spring? Otherwise go with the OE ACDelco pump, suction sock, and fuel filter. Clean all your grounds while you're in there.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it was me, I stuffed in a higher-pressure pump "just in case" I wanted to add high-pressure fuel injection later. I used an AC-Delco EP241. I had to get creative with the in-tank hose as the 241 used a smaller output nipple than the TBI pump.

You must be registered for see images

That pump had been faultless with my TBI ever since. I replaced the engine, and now I think I need to jack-up the fuel pressure to the TBI from 11.5 psi to 14-16 psi; which may be in the range of the original low-pressure pump but I'll certainly have no problem with the high-pressure unit already in place.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, with the EP241 I'm running ~28PSI on my 88

You must be registered for see images attach

sbnova

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walbro 255 or equivalent. Ive used real Walbros, likely knock off Walbros, and even the Ebay "Kemso 340lph" orange pumps- all successfully with a stock engine, stock TBI. I read the regulator is efficient enough to handle a bigger pump, and apparently it is!

Reaction score
I usually use Delphi pumps... But I have also had good experiences with denso pumps, they seem to be built rather well.a side by side with a delco unit for a suburban was decidedly in favor of the denso.plastic castings were thicker, fuel level sensor looked more robust, internal wiring was much thicker, few other things I cannot recall at the moment. Time will tell how well it fares against the delco/Delphi units I have installed

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
First time I went with an OEM pump from the dealer. Last time i bought a Denso through Advance, online. I think the Denso is the better pump.