What am I getting into with sloppy tilt wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now i'm building a 67 barracuda notchback coupe alacarte' was a slant 6 3 on the tree bench seat basic strippo car. Will be 408, 4 speed, 3.73s, with big brakes, big sway bars. Making it to appear stock down to 15" body colored steelies and dog dish caps. Going for poverty pack look, and 1967 pale yellow with black interior to slide right under the radar. No bright red with cop baiting black painted hood for me. Told the wifey i am going to get a tweed sport coat, and a fedora to wear to complete the look when i drive it. Speak softly and carry a big stick lol.
I love the old Mopar muscle, and the new. In your shoes, I would be real tempted to use one of the new HellCrate engines Mopar is selling. Especially that Hellephant! That'll make some seat puckering happen in your Cuda!

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep the hellcrates are cool. Several folks on the mopar site are doing modern 3G hemi conversions. One guy with a 64 barracuda doing a jaguar IRS in the back, big brakes, and whipple charging a 360.

I'm more old skool. Got a 78 360 out of a truck, nice 4" stroker crank, eagle H beams, KB sttoker pistons. Gonna be about 9.8-1 on pump has with aluminum heads. With a 4 speed, and 3.73s looking for about 425hp, not a real hairy cam because it will be dressed out to appear like a stock 273 V8 kinda like taking a chevy 383 stroker and making it appear like a 307 lol. it should be plenty. 67-69 Notchback coupes are the lightest, stiffest barracuda. Dry weight on one of these is only 2,800 lbs. I think a hellcrate would make it too crazy to drive. The new challengers weigh in at close to 4,000 lbs.

I have 1/8" wall thickness 2x3 box steel i used for subframe connectors, and popped 3/4" drain holes in them to make em appear stock. Cut slots in the rear foot well pans to run em through. They only stick up 1/2" thru the floor pan at the back. Then i made torque box gussets circled in yellow out of 1/8" steel and bent em on a brake at work. Cars gonna be stiff as heck. Will force the suspension to work.

Big block 4 speed, hemi cars and convertible cars all have similar torque boxes, stamped out of thinner stuff.

You must be registered for see images attach