Wet Sanding without buffing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fishlove

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a mechanic not a paint expert as you no doubt may have figured out from my paint matching fiasco on a different post. Question is: If you work you way up to say 4000 grit paper will you still need to buff it out? The reason I'm asking is now I'm the proud owner of some SS type stripes on the boys hood. Stripes were done in satin black to contrast with the high gloss of the paint and I wanted them to stay that way. Any idea?

Thanks!

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a mechanic not a paint expert as you no doubt may have figured out from my paint matching fiasco on a different post. Question is: If you work you way up to say 4000 grit paper will you still need to buff it out? The reason I'm asking is now I'm the proud owner of some SS type stripes on the boys hood. Stripes were done in satin black to contrast with the high gloss of the paint and I wanted them to stay that way. Any idea?

Thanks!
Get yourself some 1/4 in masking tape (along with other masking materials) and mask them off when sanding and buffing.