wanting 3 more inches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
exactly my point, his 6 inch kit is it a full 6 inch drop? The dc is 6.5 so he can crank maybe 2-3 inches on top of that. if his is not a full 6 inch drop then he's got crank to get it, and that adds up to more inches if he went with a full drop and no crank, compared to his partial drop with crank.

The point is he's very limited now, it's either try a 6.5 kit, and crank it up, buy a bigger kit which is kind of rare now. Then he has solid axle swap too, that would add and give alot of room for lift.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
but If he did the 6.5 he could crank to like 8" then the 3 body for a total of 11"

Stock, you can crank 1.5-2". 6" lift, you can crank 1.5-2". 6.5", 8", 10", 12" etc. You can crank your torsion bars only until you have no down travel regardless of the lift you have not to mention the limitations of CV angle.

He can crank his 6" all the way and get 7.5" or so. Either way, if you put a 1/2" taller lift on it, you're getting 1/2" more lift.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
I agree with Darren. All that work and money for .5 is not worth it regardless of what the overall outcome is. I vote SAS and work from there.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 6" superlift can be cranked to 7" (5" drop brackets, cranked 2"). Hardly worth the swap for only 1". Also I wouldnt recomend cranking t-bars to the max, espeically with big tires but if you are running 40's on 9" kift most likely it is cranked to much. Possibly some cut-out fender flares would be an option, wouldnt be a 3" gain though.

bobo

Reaction score
thanks guys yal are a lot of help i think im just goin to stick with wat i got for now until i get the money for a solid axle swap that def seems the best option for me right now is there any how to's on here for a sas that would help out a lot

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cepek is much more than a 0.5" increase, it could dwarf that superlift.

6" superlift and rcx are really a 4-5" kit. In person they are small as hell if thats all thats on the truck with 35's or 33's.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well that's the answers we need, the actual drop of the kit which is 5, the dc is 6.5 so that's 1.5 right there, and yes he's probably cranked to the max but if that's only 7 inches of lift, then if he does the 6.5 and cranks he could do 9 or 8.5, that's 1.5 or so more then what he has, but if he's not fully cranked it's more lift.

cost effective? NO.

more lift? yes

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep were on the same page chris. when i saw the first post i thought he can do it with a cepek, but like you said not cost effective and not worth it so SAS it is.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOl I hear ya.

considering the sas kits are around $700 or so it's a good deal, but all the other parts add up, an axle, springs, steering, t-case, misc. it just all adds up quick, BUT......

look what you have when you're done. A huge lifted truck that's stronger and room to go super huge on a lift, at only the cost of a spring swap.