Vortec vs LT1 lifters and pushrods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texas_Rebel

Reaction score
Quick question.

Are the pushrods and lifters the same for a 5.7l Vortec and LT1? Just curious because I'm changing out the heads on my truck and need to know if the two are compatible.

EDIT
Well the site won't let me post the link. What I was trying to post is the link to a complete set of Elgin pushrods and lifters for a LT1 engine

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably the same, or at least interchangeable.

I'd expect the pushrods to be the same length and diameter. IF the LT1 uses pushrod guideplates, the pushrods would be hardened. If not, they'll be the usual SBC soft crap.

Vortec lifters may/may not be suitable for higher RPM. But I'd expect they'd be the same otherwise.

Last edited:

Texas_Rebel

Reaction score
Just found out the difference between the Vortec and LT1 are the heads.
Apparently the lifters are the same but the rods are different so the set I wanted to get won't work after all.
Thanks for the help

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know what the difference is?
I would guess length. Different head height, cam base circle, etc. My push rods for one cam weren't correct for the other one. Gotta use a push rod length checker every time you change something.

Texas_Rebel

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. Just found some more info on them. Looks like they are basically the same thing. To be honest both of these are made of mild steel and a waste of money. Off to look for some hardened rods.

Got these specs from Elgin.
Vortec:
  • Part Number: PR615S
  • Overall length: 7.192"
  • End Style: 5/16" Ball Ends
  • Diameter: 5/16" x 0.060" Wall
  • Material: 1010 Steel
  • Guide Plate Compatible: No
LT1:
  • Part Number - PR373S
  • Diameter - 5/16"
  • Overall Length - 7.195"
  • Material - Stock C1010 Steel w/ .060" wall thickness
  • Country of Origin - USA

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Essentially the same. Suitable for mild performance use if there are no guideplates. Stiffer than the specs might indicate because they're shorter than flat-tappet pushrods for SBC.