vortec 350 carb conversion, say what!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcarlson

Reaction score
So ive been away for a bit, due to working 3 jobs and no time for my truck! Well now im down to two jobs and more time, so today im in the pricess of finishing up the wiring amd shouldhopefully be able to fire this bad boy tonight. Well ive been gone i managed to wreck a fuel pressure regulator, which isnt so bad since it was the wrong style, but i have a mr. Gasket fpr with a return line to work with a factory fuel pump, plus i have 2 brand new 105gph and 140 gph fuel pumps for something ( thinking my buick will get one of these. So the fuel system is finished except for a on off switch which im going to try to wire into the ignition switch for the time being till i figure out how to run it different. Still trying to figre out how to wire in the ez tcu rpm module to my hei distributor. But thats about all i can think of right now for a update.

mcarlson

Reaction score
Well the intial try out led to me being very frustrated with a haynes manual! But i think i figured out my harness, my ez tcu i found out i can just plug into my distributor for tach out since msd puts out a clean enough signal. But now i may see if i can jumper in the factory dash tach wire in. Thankfully i have fri and sat off so fingers crossed i can get her running.

Attachments

• 20140904_011150.jpg
    20140904_011150.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20140903_203511.jpg
    20140903_203511.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 28

92Raiderburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the engine block already drilled thru for MECHANICAL PUMP or are you using an external electric? Ive heard from others that "heavy duty" 98+ blocks are ready for mech. pump installation. Otherwise you have to go older 96 and 97 (for 1500 apps)

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wasn't sure. I couldn't remember which one wasn't. I knew one of them wasn't!