Voltage Regulator Alternator Output ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Noticed the volt gauge was at 11 again last night while coming home.
Popped the hood & checked the battery terminals ... yep, loose. Retightened them and gauge went back to 13.

May have to figure out a way to fit lock washers on them.

GMCanada

Reaction score
So twice now my positive side battery cable bolt has loosened off enough that the truck wouldn’t start. This GMT400 is not my daily driver and I just acquired it last fall, so I honestly don’t know yet where the gauges should be. I did put a new battery in it the day I got it. Ok enough back story and now onto my issues. I just noticed tonight under hard acceleration (+4500 rpm) my battery light comes on. Also I noticed my power locks will lock, but not unlock. I’m going to try cleaning the battery terminals and see if that helps, if not I guess I need to start testing electrical parts.
(Note. A few weeks ago I left my interior light on and it killed my new battery. The vehicle was in a heated garage the entire time and I slowly recharged the battery before starting the truck).