uuuggg, yall had as much trouble as me removing your bed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOl I usually leave it up to dad unless there aint alot of cars around lol, afraid I'd end up sideways and hit something. I did do it backing into the yard LOL. got half way and started spinning.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh c'mon you gotta roast em with the bed off. I found out the hard way my g80 rear end was replaced when II locked 'em up and starter burning em and did a one wheel wonder :-(

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh yea plenty of time between now and the bed going back on. I'll try to and get videos of it too.

I think it should be a rule if you take the exhaust off something you run it without any if it's a v8. Like open headers or manifolds or whatever, I always do. ANytime I put headers on, gotta fire it up open without pipes at least a couple times.

2nd rule if you take the bed off you gotta go stomp on it some if it's driveable and will actually move LOL.

Old man did his truck that way, 305 and 2.73's and wouldn't do much with a bed on but bed off done pretty good.

I'm tellin ya guys I promise it's off sitting in the front yard behind the truck I just haven't had time to get pics, had to run around all day, pay bills, go to the store and pick up my brother in law from college, take him home, and get a new video card for the pc and install it. Hopefully pics tomorrow sometime.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no big deal man, most people wouldn't lie about taking the bed off, do me a favor though and snap some pics of the driver's side frame rail from the cab facing backwards and from the back facing forward. i notice my driver's side has a bend in it and I can't tell if it's normal or if the frame is tweaked. I'm hoping it's normal but even if it is tweaked it drives straight as an arrow down the road.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here we go.. ton of pics warning....

You must be registered for see images attach

yea I'm missing a tailpipe(in the building) gotta weld them on and the mufflers on while it's off. Also gotta fix my pinion seal it's leaking, you can tell here..

rest of the bed bottom looks the same minus the big oily spot from the seal leaking.

Also main reason for doing this were these...

The worst part of my whole frame is the crossmember over the tank..

Finally got some pics of my visor too..

I painted the lights black so it's kinda hard to tell it's lighted, and for those of you who don't like them, save it, I don't care. it's my truck and I like them.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOl oh yea see the big old dead slug on my wiper? He must have came from my pop cans I hauled off before I took the bed off, I get back in the truck and look up and se a freakin 6-8 inch long thing about the size of your thumb and think WTF? is that? Then I saw his antennas lol. Well he ended up getting cut in half when I had to jump out and open my driveway gates, he made it back to the windshield and died.

The hood scoop turned flat too, I guess that goes to show ya what spray cans do after awhile if it's not waxed or if it's not automotive paint mixed in spray can form. That's alright I can always touch it up, just respray, it was krylon $3 can paint anyways, but it's coming off as soon as I find another hood and make myself a cowl hood.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More pics tomorrow hopefully. I removed my other tailpipe to clean it up and prep for welding it on, removed the clamps on them, and removed an old hanger, spare tire thing too, and cut the bumper off since some dummy welded the brackets to the frame. Then I ground the rest of the welds off once the bumper came off.