Upper driver seat frame replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm having issues with a body shop and an insurance company, I was rear ended back in July, the upper seat frame (where your back rests) broke, they took it to an upholstery shop and they welded the frame. Well after a few months it started to sag again so I took it back to the shop. They want to replace the frame but they are not able to find the frame new. Any suggestions?

I have a 2000 Silverado 2500 crew cab 4x4 theold body style, like the 1998

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
No new available. Wrecker part.
Covers & foam will die. but the frames are usually pretty good, if they haven't been in a accident.
Look for SUV's with little or the least amount of outer edge wear on the driver's seat in the yard. Usually indicates a smaller person drove the vehicle. Lower mileage helps, too.
If the cover is somewhat trashed, gross & disgusting, it's pretty easy to strip down the seat right in the wrecker's yard so all you have to pay for is the framework instead of a complete seat. ...and you can check the condition of the frame right there before plunking down your dinero.
Some places may frown on that and want the $$$ as if it was a complete seat. Ask first.