upper control arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dchism

Reaction score
hey guys new here have a 1996 ecsb doing a djm 4/6 drop started putting it on tonight and when i put the spindle on the upper control arm is hitting the spindle and it will not let the spindle turn i am using the factory control arm

thanks doug

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure what to tell you on the contol arm but welcome to the forum! there are tons of helpful people here 24/7.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Alot of aftermarket stuff has more "meat"(mass) in them than stock, and so clearances can sometimes be an issue(especially known for lowering spindles). Is it hitting somewhere that would allow you to mill(grind) some of the metal away without losing stability or strength? I wouldn't cut anything on the upper control arm unless you were going to notch and brace it, and then I'd be more comfortable in getting a tube upper arm over cutting the stock one. Try comparing it to the stock spindle and that should give you an idea of what can be removed, just don't remove too much at once, little by little, can always take more off, but never add more on...without welding, and welding cast is tricky.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah let's see a pic, I have lowered a bunch of these 4-6 and never had to touch the upper arms with a grinder.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Im dropping my truck and my spindles do the same thing at full droop without shocks. Once the weight of the truck is back on the suspension you will be fine

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I am sure if the suspension had no wieght on it, something might bind, but once it's on the ground you should be good, I hope you also trimmed your rain gutters also.

dchism

Reaction score
thanks guys for the help got it on the ground tonight and everything is all good plan on trimming the gutters tomorrow night