Undoing a lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rico47635

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I've posted on this site. I thought I was going to sell my truck, but it turned that my Ford sold first. That has left me with my Chevy. I bought the truck with a lift already on it, and, to be honest, I don't like the truck lifted. I'd much rather take it back to stock height. The problem is that I don't know how to do that. So, I thought I'd start a thread on here seeking some advice. I don't think the truck has had a suspension lift, but I could be wrong on that. I do know it's had a body lift though. I don't know what brand it is or who did it, but they did a really good job with it. I believe that even the front bumper brackets were changed because the gap you see sometimes on lifted trucks isn't there. The back has a drop bumper on it, but I think it's mounted where it normally should be because they installed a set of running lights in the gap under the tailgate. So, what am I looking at to bring this truck back down to stock height? Is there a kit I can buy or am I stuck rummaging through junkyards for all the parts I will need? Other than the body mounts and front bumper mounts, what else will I need? I can post some pics if necessary, but it will be a day or so before I can get it done. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
first step of advice would be detailed pics of the truck, the suspension, and the body mounts

Sent from my 6.0 powered android

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
To remove the body lift, you'll need stock length body bolts, stock front bumper brackets, and it looks like your truck is pre-94 so you'll have to remove a shifter linkage extension if you have an auto tranny. Then just undo the bolts, jack the body up, pull the blocks out, and set it back down at stock height. Here's instructions on how to put one in, that should help with removal http://4x4media.info/instructions/zon/C9356_C9357.pdf

rico47635

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
To remove the body lift, you'll need stock length body bolts, stock front bumper brackets, and it looks like your truck is pre-94 so you'll have to remove a shifter linkage extension if you have an auto tranny. Then just undo the bolts, jack the body up, pull the blocks out, and set it back down at stock height. Here's instructions on how to put one in, that should help with removal http://4x4media.info/instructions/zon/C9356_C9357.pdf

Wow. Thanks. I looked the booklet over. There are some things involved with this lift that I didn't think about, like the steering extension and the fan shroud extension, the fuel filler tube, etc. I was able to find a replacement body mount kit, but it looks like I will have to either order the bolts new or get them from a junk yard. After looking at the booklet, this doesn't look like it would be too difficult to return everything back to stock, assuming I can find all the parts I'd need.

Last edited:

rico47635

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might can find someone to buy that body lift from you and send you their stock stuff hint hint

Hmmmm. Maybe we can work something out. I am going to take some pics of everything to get them posted. Once they're up, maybe we can go from there. I never even thought about selling or trading the lift kit it has, but that might be a good idea. At least with a trade I wouldn't have to spend any time in a junk yard looking for all the parts I'd need.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
the body lift box bolts are the right length for stock cab bolts so you just need metric box bolts and the two main bumper brackets for the front

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was able to find a replacement body mount kit, but it looks like I will have to either order the bolts new or get them from a junk yard. After looking at the booklet, this doesn't look like it would be too difficult to return everything back to stock, assuming I can find all the parts I'd need.

There is no need to change out the body mounts. All you will need is some stick 12mm bolts for the body and front inner bumper brackets, the outers are reused. Then its just a matter of removing the body lift, shouldnt take more then an afternoon to do.