Uncle Orped's day off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm off work today because of the wind, so I charged up the fuji-film and the MacBook. Im still very new to photography and editing. Both trucks are dirty and its way to cold and windy to do anything about that but, I'm tired of sitting around the house and I know how much we all like looking at pictures. :Big Laugh:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score

"Grey-Rey" the yard cat was yelling at me, so im putting her on the internet too.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Photography is a lot of fun, I started playing around with it as a distraction instead of working all of the time.
I like digital photography and enjoy taking pictures of cars, trucks and random stuff. I used to do a bit of concert photos when friends' bands would play gigs in Houston (or on trips to Austin to see them play or go to car shows).
The nice thing about digital is you can see pretty quickly how good your shot is, and delete the ones you don't want. Which is great for taking pictures of static objects; not so good for motion photos.
But a good digital camera (or camera app) can give nice results on motion photos, with a little bit of practice. I had a picture on one of my old tablets (unfortunately I lost all the pics on this device when it crashed and I couldn't get it revived, and it was in the apartment during the fire) that I shot out of the window of our Burb. Going to Willis(north of Houston, north of Conroe) for a toy show, early one summer Saturday morning, this very old school hot rod was coming onto I-45 and I got a great shot of it. We were rolling along, prolly doing 60-65, and he was accelerating onto the freeway, and I had the tablet braced on the door panel; got a damn near perfect shot, not blurry at all. Of course, shooting from a moving vehicle has plenty of challenges, not least how good the road surface is. Most of my good shots from Rawhide are when we're parked or sitting at a light. One ton ride and camera stability are mutually exclusive......

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice photos! Some folks view photography as a nice way to collect fine optics and
capable camera bodies. And others simply like everything in sharp focus, Ansel Adams
style. So the 'all sharp snapshot' is what the majority of modern cameras/phones strive
to deliver when set to default/Full Auto.

But in your photos I can definitely see that the Depth of Field is being used to
unconsciously draw the viewer's eye to the focal point of your image. Like so:

(credit: "Mrs. Cook's Art Class" - LINK)

And once you go a little deeper into the Depth of Field rabbit hole, the next
level is to study *how well* the rest of the photo defocuses -- that's when you
run into folks who start discussing 'Bokeh'.

Photography for me is like everything else I enjoy -- the more I learn...the less I know. :0)

Good stuff, though. Your post reminds me that I should stop taking the easy way out and
just running my camera Full Auto...and instead maybe put a little more effort into what I'm
trying to share.

After all, anything we can do to improve both the clarity *and* focus of what we are trying to
communicate with each other is a good thing. :waytogo:

Last edited: