ULTIMATE TBI mods stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why do you say that?

A cam is something you need to do with heads and and intake, doing it by its self isn't really worth it, then there's headers to make the exhaust flow better, and eventually a cai, and you'll need a tune after doing an h/c/i package

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
your better off with exhaust first, then intake and then heads and cam together then chip. or collect stuff and do it all at once. cam and tbi heads are mine are ported to their max but with a larger cam and yes i like it but its no comparison to the old tbi 350 i had with world torquer heads and an lt1 cam.

dgalando

Reaction score
Is it better to do your exhaust before doing this mod or is the stock exhaust good until it can be upgraded?

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone told me that if you did this you'd have to put in a spacer and what not.
Is that true? Or can you just take it apart and smooth it out one day and that's it?

I need to clean mine soon, so I was thinking about trying this as well when I do. Makes me kinda nervous though, don't want to mess my TBI up.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone told me that if you did this you'd have to put in a spacer and what not.
Is that true? Or can you just take it apart and smooth it out one day and that's it?

I need to clean mine soon, so I was thinking about trying this as well when I do. Makes me kinda nervous though, don't want to mess my TBI up.

You don't have to do a spacer, your talking about the spacer that would go between the intake and TBI? or a pod spacer? Either way you can do the mods without, and could always do either down the road

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
you can use both spacers or you can just smooth it all and not use them your call. its wisest that if your planning on adding the spacers to add them while the TB is already off the truck though. one less step to do down the road and less hassle.

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks fellers! Is this something easily messed up? I REALLY don't wanna screw up my TBI. I'd be pissed at myself.

Oh and are Spacers worth doing? Sorry, I'm fairly new at all this mechanical stuff. I can do some basic things, never really done anything like this before though.