typical place to get these sockets at the 'yard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to get a few more of these light sockets. What years and locations on a GMT-400 would I find these? I am looking to get some more for license plate lights etc..

You must be registered for see images attach

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Thanks guys! LMC sells some nice stuff! I might be going to the yard Friday and see what I can find, I will post up some pics if I find anything..

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Standard Motor Products S-669 looks the same as well. If this is the correct socket, RockAuto has them for $3.13 ea.

Last edited:

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I went to the Upick yard and found the sockets. They were located at the license plate area as described.
Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Man.. those sockets are awful once they get old. I've spent way too much time pinching the contacts back together trying to make them work reliably. No way I'd hunt used ones.. hope those behave for you.

Richard

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hi Richard, I bench test and clean them before I install them. Hopefully no issues down the road.. I always get a few more than I need in case I have "a bad one"...
The life of a budget builder, lol