turn signal stalk replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The stalk has zip to do with your wipers. Try reading a little bit in here because the wiper issue has been discussed about 506,235 times. :)

Richard

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Don't even need to pull the wheel.

Disconnect the cruise wiring under the dash; black jacketed (looks like old telephone cord) wire with a bright orange end plugs into a small connector usually clipped to the metal support under the dash on the driver's side area by the trim under the column. Hook a good length (couple feet longer than the inside portion of the column) of thin mechanic's wire through the hole in the connector. Pull the lever straight out of the column, CAREFULLY, then slowly work the cruise wire up through the column, feeding the mechanic's wire along with it. Once out, transfer the mechanic's wire to the new connector and work it back down through the column.

Richard

Never personally been brave enough to try this route. Always figured it would hang up somewhere and I'd be pulling the wheel anyway.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah; easy way to look at it is the wiring exits the column before it gets to the wheel, so the wheel really isn't a factor.

Richard

98_k1500

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You can see this tho, the wiring is there in the bottom.
Its not in a pickup, its all i can find at the moment.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The wiring you're looking at is for the turn signals themselves. Remember, the wiring coming out of the turn signal lever is just for the cruise - the 4 tiny wires are completely encased in the black jacket, and they go into the column where the lever does, which is at the wiper switch (the actual switch inside the column) which is physically behind the turn signal cancelling cam.

Richard

98_k1500

Reaction score
^ correct, i can't find a pic of the actual routing, but if it can be done that way without pulling it apart, i'd say go for it.

jlcms2007

Reaction score
cool
ill try that tonight
will a new stalk fix my work-when-they-want wipers?
either way i want to replace it as i cant read anything on the one i have and i already spent the whopping 6 bucks on new one lol

Pulse boards have bulletins some even recalled and replaced by the millions. Under the hood mounted to wiper motor itself three torx screws. It's the circuit board, connector and all. Very simple to replace. Go to parts store you want a pulse board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Or simply resolder the harness connector socket to the board and retain a higher-quality original board instead of a Chinese replacement; the repair costs you nothing and will likely last the lifetime of the truck.

Richard

un4givn85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i havent had time to take a look, been cleaning out the garage, getting ready to move in the next couple months, and then tomorrows easter lol
eventually ill get around to it