Turn signal not working - right rear (bulbs are fine)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatSLO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Something wrong with my right (passenger side) tail light turn signal.
Bulbs are fine (running lights) but right tail light turn signal doesn't blink. Front turn signals work (but hyperflashing).
Hazard lights blink normally (no hyperflash) except in the right tail light.

What could it be - bad ground or faulty tail light connector plate?

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A test light would tell you if you have power to the light but the circuit board is usually the culprit. Not a good setup when age sets in.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Circuit board, mine did the same, I could open tail lights up and unbolt board and pull bulb and fumble around with it and re-install and they would work until the next time they did it. New circuit boards cured mine. They are fairly cheap, but then again they are made fairly cheap as well. Good luck with your venture.

MatSLO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies.

I have ordered TYC conector plates from Rockauto. I ordered both left and right - I probably won't replace the left side (which is still working) right away, just to have it on hand if it goes bad too.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I have ordered TYC conector plates from Rockauto. I ordered both left and right - I probably won't replace the left side (which is still working) right away, just to have it on hand if it goes bad too.
also check the pins in the plug that plugs into the circuit board. Mine did the same thing I replaced the boards and still had the problem. I found that the pins in the plug where not making a good connection to the the circuit board.

blacksport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
could be the ground at the rear mine did kinda the same thing when my ground wire broke where you plug in the trailer pigtail

jnewkirk77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I replaced my '96's right side board back in March and the problem didn't go away. Fortunately I had also ordered a new wiring pigtail and replacing that cured it. Have had no problems since.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had same issues. BUT..... Last time. It was the trailer wire adapter plugged into the jumper from left to right. I ordered new tail lights no circuit board and still a no go. Tested wires, no power climbed under truck saw the adapter. Quick fix from there.

MatSLO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well damn... it was the bulb after all ...
I remembered that these are double filament bulbs and one of the filaments might be burned out.
I opened the tail lamp and while there was no visible damage to the old bulb, I installed a new one and now it's fine...