Tuning on a stock truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zack88

Reaction score
I've got a 99 ccsb 2500 5.7, 4L80E with 3:73 gears. I daily drive it sometimes but mostly it's for hauling 6-7k lbs roughly. The only mods are cats deleted into 3" exhaust with a flow master on it.

I made the non fouler foolers for the rear 02's but now that the egr valve went out too I'm seriously looking into investing in a tune, just the one where I send them the info not using the cable as I don't have the money or equipment to do that option. My question is it worth the money? Right now I have a ses light from the egr being unhooked and I want to do away with it and I most definitely would like to add some power.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go for it. You'll definitely notice a difference even on a stock truck, plus you can tune out the rear o2 sensors and EGR entirely.

Also don't worry about not doing the scan cable option from BBP. It's not even available for our trucks unless you've completed the 0411 PCM swap. Standard mail order tune is the only option that's available for the stock black box PCMs, I asked when I had my red truck done.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I guess BB isn't allowed on the site ( black bear)

This site is owned by Mikey Jacobsen. He owns MJE, which is a competitor. That's why BB is in the filter.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This site is owned by Mikey Jacobsen. He owns MJE, which is a competitor. That's why BB is in the filter.

I've been here for a long time and I never realized that, thanks for clearing that up.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any local tuning shop can tune your PCM as well. Your truck is supported by HP Tuners and EFI Live. Most shops will have on of those applications if not both.