Tune with regear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Regearing my truck soon to 4.10 for 3.42. I went from stock tires to 33s and now I'm wondering if I will have to get a tune right after I regear? What are the effects of not tuning? What all should I get tuned for the gear swap?

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For one, your truck's speedometer wont be marking the right speed. Also, if you have ABS, it might not function properly and go off for nothing. Your shift Patterns may be screwed up (although the re-gear isn't that huge). You could still drive the tuck just don't go at WOT.

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So need to get shift patterns and speedo and odometer tuned and calibrated and it will function like normal?

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
what year truck? yes it really matters as you might not need to get reflashed/programmed.

iggyspred

Reaction score
I just did the same thing. Drove it 400 miles over the weekend without tuning and it did fine, everything just read a little off. I would like to tune it to get it all back right though. Ive talked to a couple shops around town who all told me to try a dealer, and there are several off road shops that are on my list to check with. Until then, has anyone done it themselves? If so, how would I go about it?