TTZ06's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
solid starting point. Not the cheapest route though. If you want to sacrifice your wheel choices you can get a newer ford axle out of a junkyard for a reasonable price, I actually know where a few are for around 200 each. But the spring perch width is going to make you need to run an extremely insane backspacing to keep from rubbing the leaf springs. Or do you plan on going linked with coils and what not.

TTZ06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had some friends helping me. They left out the CV axles. In my rush I did not look over their work. Cant be mad at them, was my fault for rushing and being tired to boot didnt help anything. Went around the block and the DS hub went out. TOre the rest out getting it out of the street so traffic could pass.

TTZ06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picking up donor vehicle for sas and extra parts tonight. Going to stay with the 38s for a while. At least till I go through 2 sets of tires. Maybe next year or so I will go higher. Right now I just want to go camping with it.

Jeep on K5 frame

You must be registered for see images

TTZ06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope. Inspected the K5 closley and it would take WAYYY too much to repair the parts then install them. Went to salvage yard and got new knuckles, hubs and a bumper and put it all back together for now. That way I can get the parts I want for the SAS.

You must be registered for see images