Transmission issue. Please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
You maybe starting off in a higher gear like second. Like maybe your 1-3 clutches are shot.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
You maybe starting off in a higher gear like second. Like maybe your 1-3 clutches are shot.

That's what im thinkin.. It does feel like im starting off at a higher gear. I havent drove it since i got home and washed it spotless. I did pull out and back it in to the driveway but i didnt even thouch the throttle. It did fine. Just hoping for a miracle fix or something like the mud was weighing it down or something. CHecked my trans fluid levels and it was fine. The fluid was somewhat dirty but it was like that before last time i checked it. Might change the fluid out tomorrow.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
After washing my truck and undercarriage spotless for nearly 2 hours, I just got into my truck and drove about 2 miles up the road, its driving perfectly fine now. Accelerates like a mad horse. I guess the praying helped on my part. Guess I wont be needing a new trans or torque converter after all. I think the mud caked into the front end and drivetrain put stress on the components. I have never been more happy..

Chevy truck FTW :patriot:

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good it works but if you wheel the truck and get a lot of water and mud up under there I would disconnect your harness to the trans clean it out with break clean and blow it out. Then put some dielectric grease on the terminals and plug back in. This will help prevent water or mud getting in there and shorting it out. You probably still have a code stored that you should pull. Just use the paper clip trick and jump the 2 GM-1 terminals to see what code it flashes (that is if you didn't disconnect battery)

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
You were probably grounding or shorting the terminals on some of the electrical connectors causing the transmission to kick into 2nd gear, or "limp home" mode. Like ^this guy said, pop all the connectors off and clean them and dry them out. Check the O rings and rubber seals on the plugs.