Transmission issue. Please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
My transmission is automatic. I was out playing today and on the way home it seemed like it wasnt shifting. I have all gears, reverse, OD, D, 1, 2 , N, etc... but in Drive, it doesnt even want to accelerate anymore. It seems like i lost 1st and second, but those gears still work when i shift to them.

Im worried my trans is a gonner. Its less than 20,000 miles old considering it was rebuilt a few years ago. And being 17 years old making minimum wage, and just spent all my money on my 6" rcx, im worried this will be the end of my truck.

Any help will be appreciated. I will check my trans dipstick tonight. After i was all the mud off my truck and take it for another drive and see if the mud was weighing it down or something. I will keep you guys updated.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
So your saying I you put it in drive it won't go, but it's drive able if you manually shift it?

First thing you need to do is check your fluid level, crawl underneath and make sure all is still plugged in also.

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
So your saying I you put it in drive it won't go, but it's drive able if you manually shift it?

First thing you need to do is check your fluid level, crawl underneath and make sure all is still plugged in also.

It's all good and working. Still takes off even without manually shifting. Just really slow and struggles. I don't hear it shift. I can still go highway speeds but doesn't accelerate worth a crap. Feels like I'm hauling a trailer

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Almost like 1st and second are gone, but they still work when I shift into them. That's why I'm lost

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
pull trouble codes. Transmission will set some codes but it will not turn on the check engine light.

So, just so it's clear: does it feel like you're pulling a trailer when you manually shift it or just when you let it shift?

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
well when mine went out it wouldn't shift at all into 4th and the rpm's would be shifting into 1,2,3[its an automatic] at about 3500 rpm