TPS and Tranny cant get along under load!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You also Dont have a MAF and it uses that for calculated load which messes with shift points and pressures

No MAF has to be a big loss.
Mine was disconnected. I found that out recently and reinstated and in the few short trips I'd done the hard up-shifts were banished. I've just done over 300 miles yesterday and today - the first proper driving since the MAF was reinstated - and it's a totally different experience.

Prior, it was far too trigger happy downshifting and usually downshifting two gears when one would have done (I'd usually have to lift off to get it shift up one gear and then get back on the gas - hardly ideal for overtaking on tight roads). Now it downshifts entirely as you'd expect it. I can lift the pedal for an early up-shift at low speeds and go back on the pedal without it flipping down gears again. Predictable and controllable - but only with the MAF connected.

Not what you want to hear TB, but that's the conclusion I've come to.