Towing mirrors, again.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
If you can afford it, get the K2XX style tow mirrors (the new 2015+ style mirrors). I had the A1 auto GMT800 mirrors for about a year, but when the new style came out I was an early adopter and have been very happen with the newer style. To answer your question, I can almost guarantee, every mirror comes off the same assembly line in China, no point in making multiple lines for the same mirror.

But, I like the K2XX mirrors a lot better then the GMT800 mirrors, my GMT800 mirrors had vidration, not a lot but it was noticeable. The new mirrors still have vibration but not as bad, also the visibility on the new mirrors are night and day difference. The convex mirror is a ton better. I'd recommend the new mirrors anyday over the older style.

I did modify my mirrors.

Rear view of the mirrors.
You must be registered for see images attach

Front View.

Comparison between the two (about a year old picture)

TigerEyz3

Reaction score
dcp1992...
Has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I'm curious about your custom bumper... did you make it or did you purchase?

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
dcp1992...
Has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I'm curious about your custom bumper... did you make it or did you purchase?

The rear bumper? The base is a bumper I purchased from Logans Metal Products/Logan's Metal 4X4 on eBay (User aus_ja01 on eBay) for under $300 (at the time). It was cheaper then I could buy thew steel for, so I bought the bumper instead of building it.

The tire carrier part I build myself. Bought the hinge, tire plate, and latch and built the swing out of 2" 1/4 wall square tube.

Last edited:

TigerEyz3

Reaction score
Thanks for the info... I checked out his ebay site... oddly enough, none of them will fit my 1999 Chevy Tahoe (according to the application compatibility mechanism).

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... I checked out his ebay site... oddly enough, none of them will fit my 1999 Chevy Tahoe (according to the application compatibility mechanism).

They will fit any gmt400. Now on the SUVs you have to do a slight modification to the frame tie ins that go from the outside of the bumper to the frame for extra support. The SUVs have a frame mount in the way so it just requires a different type of mount. I have that covered in my build thread. Now the main bumper mounts will work, it's just the extra support mounts.

Here's a photo of the mount I had to modify.

View media item 31203

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They were a pain in the ass to put on though. I have a 95 and got the basic gmt800 style. The only time youll have to take the door panel off is when you drop your 10mm socket or the nut for the mirrors (did it 3 times), didnt help that i was doing it with a broken knuckle haha. But 2 weeks into me having them I can honestly say I like the OEM mirrors better. Imo of course.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
For versatility and customization purposes, 2015 mirrors. I've built several sets and these are the best aftermarket mirrors out to date.

This particular set is a $455 set of mirrors. The LEDs that come in them originally are stripped out and replaced with switchbacks, then the mirror reassembled.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Snowmanii

Reaction score
For versatility and customization purposes, 2015 mirrors. I've built several sets and these are the best aftermarket mirrors out to date.

Are these OEM or aftermarket?
What does "switchback" mean?
Are these electrical extend and retract as well as remote controlled?

This particular set is a $455 set of mirrors. The LEDs that come in them originally are stripped out and replaced with switchbacks, then the mirror reassembled.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SirTurdFerguson