Tow Mirror help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paytonz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So this weekend I installed tow mirrors on my 1995 gmc. They look great but going down the road or just sitting with the truck running, I noticed the actual mirrors themselves vibrate. Also, the passenger side mirror is tilted up while the driver side is somewhat level. And passenger side is pushed in more. Is this the way they are supposed to be? And is there anyway to fix the shaky glass? Any comments are greatly appreciated! Thank you

MXR597

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've changed mirrors 3 times on my truck (Soon to be 4 for tows) and all the pairs I've had shake at speed. I think I saw a member here put sway bar bushings on the bolts when they mounted them but I don't know if it helped.

Paytonz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've changed mirrors 3 times on my truck (Soon to be 4 for tows) and all the pairs I've had shake at speed. I think I saw a member here put sway bar bushings on the bolts when they mounted them but I don't know if it helped.

I've heard putting wheel weights on the back of the mirror helps. I'm going to try that.

Chevy1500

Reaction score
I made a plate out of some 3/16" steel that I bolted through the bottom two studs on the inside of the door. It gave it something a little more substantial than just the thin door skin to hold the mirrors. It probably cut the mirror vibration down in half. Still some at idle with my cam, but definitely not so bad that you cant see out of them. The passenger side one has always been the worst.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doesn't it come with a small plate??
Mine don't shake too crazy.
I would recommend putting a nice piece of rubber covering the whole plate so there is no metal to metal touching.
To dampen the shake. Experiment with soft n hard rubber to get the shake to go away. Also use a nylon lock but instead of a regular but it came with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk