Torchred's Junk 73 C10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Well figured I'd throw this thread up about my 73 Chevy C10, since I use this forum more than any other one.
The truck is a 1973 C10 with a 350/TH400/12 Bolt setup. I'm the third owner of the truck, the first owner passed away several years back so the truck just sat and rotted. The second owner had it titled for not much more than a week before I got it from him. It was originally a 250 I6 truck with 3 on the tree, and the original owner converted it over to a V8 Auto truck. I've done a few things to it, like demolish the collector on a header after I put a Holley 650 on it, I've put OBS Aluminum wheels on it, put 94 Camaro seats in it, put shoebox Chevy headers on it, had 2010 SS Camaro mufflers on it for a few days then put the glasspacks back on, and I attempted to strip the truck to see how bad it was. I did one fender, saw that it was mostly spray foam and bondo, instead of metal and primed back over it. And since then it's just sat while the 95 is getting some attention.

My Plans:
SAS it or somehow make it 4wd
Lose the bed, probably make a flat bed
At least a 35" tire.

Now on to the pics

How it looked when the original owner had it
You must be registered for see images attach

How it looked when I first got it (After I had taken the bumper off)

How it sits now

So what do yall think I should do to it, its honestly not worth fully restoring with how bad of shape its in, but I think it could be a fun play toy. And yes it has a Posi :evillol:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Make it a burnout monster don't make it 4x4 leave it 2 wheel imo

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
If it was mine id drop it black steelies and white walls. Then probably ls swap and make it a reliable cruiser.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it were mine... SELL IT! It has little value. Unless it is sentimental. Otherwise why feed another horse?

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
If it were mine... SELL IT! It has little value. Unless it is sentimental. Otherwise why feed another horse?

Its been up for sale for a while, not even an offer. Had it up for 1400 hoping to get a grand out of it so I could get my lift and the Jeep Wheels with some used 33's. Did get offered a 92 RCLB 1500 when I had it posted on a 73-87 Group on Facebook, was going to trade but the guy lived in Kentucky.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
If it was mine id drop it black steelies and white walls. Then probably ls swap and make it a reliable cruiser.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I was thinking around those lines for it, but it turned out way too rotten to mess with, the frame and most of the cab are good, everything else is barely even scrap metal.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Make it a burnout monster don't make it 4x4 leave it 2 wheel imo

I'd get one good burnout out of it, then being my luck it would knock the wheel tub out if a tire blew. This is the lightly rusted side of the bed.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its been up for sale for a while, not even an offer. Had it up for 1400 hoping to get a grand out of it so I could get my lift and the Jeep Wheels with some used 33's. Did get offered a 92 RCLB 1500 when I had it posted on a 73-87 Group on Facebook, was going to trade but the guy lived in Kentucky.

The last time we had a $200 per ton scrap metal sale I drove, yes drove a 73 down there where I removed the grant steering wheel, battery and wheels and tires. I walked out happy as could be with a check for $491. I used the battery and steering wheel. Then I sold the tires.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
A person I know is looking for a running, driving vehicle for cheap. He's had a blue 94-95 Extended Cab Step Side C1500 sitting for over a year with a bad trans. Going to see if he'd like to do a swap title for title, heck I'd even throw some cash in if need be. I've got a built TH350 I could throw in it, and then static drop it 4/6 or 6/8 on rally wheels or some painted steel wheels. If its a 4.3 I've got a fix for that too :sawzall:

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Well I got rid of her yesterday and brought home a 91 Camaro roller, Sad to see her go but I'm glad shes off to be used.