Top lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to instal 6 offroad lights to the top of my back rack, anybody got sujjestions on wire sizes and all what not, or even a diagram?

Blaine Davies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to instal 6 offroad lights to the top of my back rack, anybody got sujjestions on wire sizes and all what not, or even a diagram?

I always use thicker gauge wire for lights, 12 gauge usually. If you're running 6 lights, depending on the watts of each bulb, you might want to split them up in 2 separate circuits, one for 4 of the lights and another for the other 2 so that you don't overload either circuit. Should use relays as well, 12V switches aren't the toughest things in the world and will melt if you put too much power through them.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'd like to wire them into one switch. thats why i wanted a diagram. so i know where to place the fuze holders, the relays, what size wires go where.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Definately use relays you can use yhe same signal wire for multiple relays that way you can use the same switch

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So saying all his how do i go about this? get 3 6 post relays then wire the 3 relays together then to the switch.. or?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yah itll just depend how many lights you wana run through each relay

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well on the 6 post relay you have the option of running two lights (seperate posts). thats how i have my driving lights wires. each has its individual wire to the relay.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
And what im saying is you could run 4 lights off that same relay