Tool box vs Soft tonneau

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for such crappy pictures. Im unsure which one I like more. They both have pros and cons. What is you opinion? I want to keep one and sell the other. The tonneau needs a new tarp but still in decent shape, The tool box is Line X'd and is in great shape. I hate that when I haul stuff with both they get in the way. I just want your opinions.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Here is another view with the tonneau. I currently have it on there now. I'm also debating on weather or not to paint/plastidip my stainless bed rails black.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I'd run the toolbox and leave the stainless bed rails alone. I think they look great with the rest of your truck, matches the factory body molding and bumpers. I run a very similar setup and I like it a lot. I like the ability to have some dry storage and it doesn't ever get in my way. I do have the 8' bed, though. Nice looking truck by the way.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Toolbox with bright side rails is my vote.
It matches the rest of the truck.
If I might add, the side steps and vent shades look out of place.
Ditch them both or possibly go chrome with the steps (leave the vent shades off).
It's just my thinking.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks every one for you thoughts! I personally hate my steps but the wife and kids need them to get in. Otherwise they would come off. Plus they were free at the time and were already color matched. I really want N Fabs but they are quite spendy. And if my fenders went so messed up under the flares they would come off too. The PO put them on and it is very scuffed up where they meet the paint.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I didn't even notice the flares so they blend in pretty nicely.
After looking at the pics again, I'm with you about taking the flares off. The factory fender well trim would look more consistent.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys you help me make up my mind! I'm going to put the tool box back in as soon as I sell my tonneau. I put it on craigslist already keys hope it goes soon!