Today.....was not a good day (pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You can get a tap or thread chaser specifically for spark plugs. You use some grease on it so it holds the shavings instead of dumping them in the cylinder. I've done this before to spruce up hard to install plugs because of bad threads.

Exactly what I was just going to say. Thread chaser and lots of grease.

-Via Mobile-

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use a shop vac after chasing it to remove anything that might have fallen in there...

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Exactly what I was just going to say. Thread chaser and lots of grease.

-Via Mobile-

Yes exactly, don't pull the freaking head off. Get the piston to tdc to make it easier to shop vac anything that might possibly fall in and thread chaser with lots of grease. Also get u a flexible magnet and run in there as well. Not the end ofthe world here, just a small set back.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You should have honestly done it first thing. Ramming spark plug after spark plug in there probably made the threads worse.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
You should have honestly done it first thing. Ramming spark plug after spark plug in there probably made the threads worse.

Possibly did. We'll see I guess.
Truck needed to run, and I got it running. If that ends up costing me in the long run, so be it. I was kind of thinking about tearing it down when the weather gets warmer anyways.

Last edited:

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
You could use a Helicoil or a Time-Sert insert. Make sure to use grease on the drill bit, also a pen magnet to collect the shavings.