to all you SAS guys out there

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys im just finishing up my SFA conversion in my truck and would like some sway bar ideas. post a picture of your sway bar setup please. i was thinking reusing the old one from the IFS and welding mounts on the axle. i dont want to spend any more money, im way over budget as it is.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i was thinking reusing the old one from the IFS and welding mounts on the axle.

that is what i did on my first sas, i just twisted the ends of the sway bar with a torch and extended the factory end links to reach brackets i made off the axle, no sway bar on my current one as i want it to flex

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Completely custom 1 1/4" cold rolled with custom dis-connects.

Connected
You must be registered for see images attach

Dis-Connected

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
saw a guy on another site do it, just used really long bolts same size as stock diameter wise, and used a sleeve to keep the distance right, just like stock, then just used end link bushings and crap same as stock.

Almost all I've seen have some sort of disconnect, except for the long bolt one.

here's the long bolt one...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/11542605-post84.html

this one is almost the same just shorter, he flipped his bar and this is exactly what I'll do to mine when I do SAS.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...road/377936-obs-sas-sway-bar.html#post3965787

Last edited:

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dave, i really like your disconnect ideas i think ill incorperate that into mine.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
glad to help, I really liked it myself, definately what I want to do when I get mine.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Dave your's is awesome. How exactly is the disconnect pin constructed? I'm assuming you only disconnect one side when you do.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
It's just a shortened hitch pin with a washer welded on it. Something simple so if it's lost its easily replaced. I do disconnect both sides though, so the bar isn't getting pulled around when flexing.

Sent from TBI 454 HTC Droid DNA