Timing issue or fuel or something esle???????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have just notice that when i hit 70 mph it starts missing but not bad,when i let go of the gas it sounds like a jake brake on a big rig.It has new wires, cap and rotor,and plugs and new egr and fuel filter too.I was told it counld be water in the gas but it runs ok in low rphs .I was thinking the timing needs to be set

Does any one know the stock 350 tbi timing place,I have it set at 12 degrees now and it runs ok.It still burps and kinda slugish and gets pretty bad mpg,The irgation modlue is still good but was told when it goes out it goes out.So if anyone has the right timing mark or knows what the problems is great(but i realy what to know the timing so i can set it right its a stock 350 tbi in a 94 k2500)thanks guy.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope no codes,nothing comes up and it kinda runs like crap .Does any one know whats the timing is expose to be set at??????

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
THE TIMING MARK HAS TO BE ON ZERO

NOTE: Timing specifications are listed on the Vehicle Emissions Control Information label under the hood. Always follow the Vehicle Emissions Control Information label procedures first before using the following procedure.

PROCEDURE:
Set timing under the following conditions:

* Normal operating temperature.
* Air cleaner installed.
* A/C "OFF."
* Transmission in neutral.
* Disconnect SET TIMING connector. The location of the set timing connector is inside the cab where the heater box and the carpet meet on the passenger side floor. Pull carpet back to expose the single wire and connectors on the outside of the control module harness. The wire colors are tan with a black stripe. DO NOT disconnect 4 wire connector at distributor.

Connect timing light and adjust as necessary by loosening hold down bolt and rotating distributor. For specification, refer to SPECIFICATIONS/TIMING MARKS. Tighten hold down and recheck the timing. Stop the engine and connect SET TIMING connector. Clear control module trouble code by disconnecting control module power source. With engine at operating temperature, drive vehicle at part throttle with moderate acceleration and decelerate to idle condition. This will "teach" the control module and return the engine to normal performance.

Last edited:

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just timed it a 3 degrees and replaced the coil and it still kinda lags and burps,i am now thinking that the disturbor or ecu is going bad or something help me please

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just timed it a 3 degrees and replaced the coil and it still kinda lags and burps,i am now thinking that the disturbor or ecu is going bad or something help me please

if you were to read my post it will help you with the timing i am a gm tech