Timeing tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I recently installed a new distributor in my truck and when I went to set the timing I found that once initial timing was set the computer wasn’t adavancing the timing once the auto bypass was plugged back in, any ideas why, also the distributor was also not ideal I got it from Canadian tire because it was the only place open Sunday and I needed it then, so idk if mabey that is the problem but any hel is really appreciated thanks

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year TBI? Check your connections at the distributor, are both plugs making good contact? Is your "auto bypass" wire broken or connection loose? Check your grounds from the passenger's side head to fire wall, at the thermostat, and battery. any fault codes?

Reaction score
No fault codes, it’s 1991, as far as I can tell all plugs are making good connection and I could not see any breaks in the wires, I checked all grounds except the in from the head to the firewall, I’ll check that next.

LikeARock94

Reaction score
It won't do it right away if it's still running. Shut the motor off, plug the connector back in, then restart the motor. It should work after that.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk