Tie-Downs in the Box.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I was at the junkyard this morning and came across some similar D-rings in the back cargo area of the early 90's Ford Explorers. They have a slot cut out of the dee, but they are pretty heavy gauge and they have insulators so they don't jingle.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
nice. i noticed my g/f's trailblazer has them as well. defenitly not as heavy though. and she'd probably be pissed if i stole them.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
ok, all in all easy project. i'd give it a 1.5 out of 10 on the difficulty scale, and thats only because power tools are required.

Parts/Tool List
-Four flip anchors available at TSC
-A drill, cordless or not doesn't matter
-3/8 drill bit
-9/16 wrench and socket
-cordless impact (i'm lazy i supose a could have used a rachet)
-8 3/8x2" stainless bolts and whatever washers you feel are big enough.

step one, get your **** together.
You must be registered for see images attach

i ended up using much bigger washers than the ones pictured, but you get the point.

Step 2, drill the holes

Step 3, instert bolts and tighten that **** down. my old man helped me with this part.

Step 4, go have a smoke and a beer and enjoy your new load securment devices.

also i forgot when doing the front drivers side watch out for the vent hose for you gas tank. i was very close to mine. you will also want to watch out for other **** under the box like stake pocket reinforcments, and what not. any questions let me know. i also don't know why the pictures are so huge.