This is the Oxygen sensor wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrMcBlarg

Reaction score
Got this truck as kind of a project and slowing fixed what was ignored or done wrong.

This is the correct wire for the Oxygen sensor correct? That is all of it and its behind the distributor for some reason.

Attachments

• 7wmD6BnoL1zK2yph-.jpg
    7wmD6BnoL1zK2yph-.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 36

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didnyou look in the service manual wiring diagrams?

DrMcBlarg

Reaction score
Heres the fun part. The truck is a 92, originally V6. Swapped over to a v8 at some point.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres the fun part. The truck is a 92, originally V6. Swapped over to a v8 at some point.
and

im failing to see how thats fun

If anything ,a v6 of the time will have most of the provisions and stuffs for v8 othet than some differences or certain emissions my guess. your old ass
O2 sensor should have 2 wires to it unless your exhaust is a strange situaiton wher its grounded remotely.
You must be registered for see images attach

its prob the samr shape of the old one

DrMcBlarg

Reaction score
I'm putting a 3 wire in. Just wanted to make sure this is the signal wire. Thought the location was strange. I got it with long tubes and no o2 at all. Going with a DENSO 234-3005

DrMcBlarg

Reaction score
and

im failing to see how thats fun

If anything ,a v6 of the time will have most of the provisions and stuffs for v8 othet than some differences or certain emissions my guess. your old ass
O2 sensor should have 2 wires to it unless your exhaust is a strange situaiton wher its grounded remotely.

its prob the samr shape of the old one
My refrenace to the swap was that I cant say 100% what year wiring the truck has. I don't know if it was fully swapped harness or converted.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stat Purple!
O2 sensor PPL (red arrow) and it was a 1 wire with grounding through the exhaust manifold. I put in a 3-wire sensor.
CTS YEL (blue arrow) and it's a 2 wire. :33:

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you have a grounding through exhaust sensor make sure your exhaust is grounded well. they over time get rusty and all the things we do to isolate ground outs and seal flanges etc sometimes you end up with a poor ground.

also, one of the wires in the sensor should be for fresh air and the other one i suspect is a heater wire, which im guessing also uses the exhaust for ground?