This is my title.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antichrist

Reaction score
I had no idea what to put for a title.. I've done so many intros on forums I can't even count.. I'm so uncreative that I even copied this entire intro from another forum that I just signed up on..

Anyways, My name is Brandon, I'm from Lancaster NY, and my girlfriend and I just picked up a 1995 Tahoe LT today, we're bringing it home tomorrow, and I figured while I'm bored tonight I might as well sign up on a forum, as I may have a Tahoe specific question or two as I find things that need to be fixed, or as I break things so I have an excuse to fix something..

So we're up to 4 vehicles now.

1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser with a stock 307, awaiting a 455.
1985 Monte Carlo SC, mild 350/350, dual flowmaster 40's etc..
1996 Monte Carlo LS, with the 3.1

And now, the Tahoe. It's an LT. 2 door. 5.7. The amazing 4L60E with that marvel of engineering sun shell gear (LOL), leather, power seat, 2 sets of rims and tires, and tons of crap for me to clean, fix, remove, and/or replace.

And before anyone asks, gets offended, or starts praying or whatever, my name is NOT intended to be anti-religious.

It's so I can remember it. Every time I've signned up on a forum, I used a name somewhat related to the car I signed up for, including past vehicles which I no longer own, and it's a pain remembering them all, so to make it easy, I used the name I play Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, and Call of Duty 4 with

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome Brandon, I'm friends with your gf on Facebook. I saw a pic of it on there, looks like a really nice hoe especially for what you all stole it for.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
welcome... did someone say something about a hoe... and theres not pics already?

Antichrist

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Tom: I actually signed up at tahoeyukonforum.com first, and then later saw your comment in Nichole's facebook thread about this forum, so I figured I'd join up here as well.

I hate showing pictures until I've had a chance to clean, and remove a few things on the truck, but here are the pics of the truck in the original ad: http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/2494588773.html

It comes with the original factory rims, and the rims shown in the picture. The rims in the picture are 99% perfect. No rash. No signs of oxidation. There's just a few soap stains that ran out from under the center cap on 1 or 2 wheels.

We first looked at a 1997 Silverado Extended cab. Blue/Pewter. 5.7. 180k. Asking $1500. The truck looked beat and neglected. Stickers all over the back window and tailgate. Altezza tails (I'm not a fan.. sorry if anoyone here likes them) Exhaust leak, Ignition cylinder was effed, And the guy claimed the engine and trans only had 40k miles. So when I asked him if he ever noticed it slipping between 1st and 2nd he turned a bit dumb, "Oh yeah.. um sometimes but not always" blah blah.. Yeah, $300 truck bro. Not to mention this guy was a scumbag, his truck was filled with crap, and felt it was necessary to hold a box cutter while talking with me about the truck.

Next we looked at a 1998 Sierra, extended cab, pewter, 150k. Asking $2800. It came with a meyers plow, remote start, and Alpine CD player. The inside was a truck. Base model, no power anything, base seats, rubber flooring, and a massive chunk ripped out of the drivers side of the bench seat. I could deal with all of this, especially at the price, Even though my butt cheeks do enjoy support, I could live with it.. But driving it, it felt like crap. It was rough, the brake, throttle, and suspension systems all seemed.. I almost want to say unresponsive. It just just kind of 'there' It wasn't a TRUCK. It didn't feel like anything was in-tune. Maybe I sound weird, but everything I've ever owned just has that feel.. it just feels RIGHT. This truck, as good of a deal as it was, didn't feel right. It ran decent, shifted nicely, but it didn't seem to connect with me, the driver.

I've driven several GM trucks in the past when I worked for a dealership, and even drove a 1997 Tahoe a couple times a year when I borrowed it from my parents to pick up large items, so I know how these trucks start, idle, shift, and drive. The 1995 Tahoe was a perfect match for my expectations. Although the body, interior and a few electrical/mechanical items need attention, I have never bought anything over 5 years old that didn't need something fixed or worked on.

The worst things I've seen about this Tahoe: rear differential cover leaks and will need a new gasket and fresh gear oil, ABS doesn't work, SRS light is on, minor rust and rot along the bottom of the doors, tailgate has a dent, and caused the paint to crack, rear bumper is twisted/bent and is rusting/rotting at the bumper hitch, bug deflector is broken, missing 1 rain guard, metal shield on rear shocks rotting away and will need to be replaced before it damages the tube, leather needs to be sewn in one spot on the drivers seat and needs cleaning/conditioning, and the overall interior needs to be cleaned.

Oh.. and I should mention this is a K1500 as well :)

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
doesn't sound bad at at all, and you will like this forum, everyone on here seems to be pretty mature, I've been on other forums where the was a lot of bs and trash talking, but I don't see that on here. Glad you decided to join this forum.