Third Brake light help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyCowboy22

Reaction score
I have a 1994 K1500 and i bought a led third brake light off ebay. When i plug in the light my interior lights turn on like you opened up a door. If you unplug it and plug the factory one back in everything is fine. I was wondering if anyone else has seen a light do this? I also wonder if anyone knows anything about the factory harness at the light maybe i can hard wire the light in? Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow,, never heard about his before,, welcome to the site by the way,,lol,,, i want to buy a dark led third brake light,, i hope someone has some info on this for you...

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Sounds like a problem with the light itself. It must be wired wrong. I would try to get a refund, but that's the change you take with ebay lights.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of the harness or how it plugs in? I have a smoked led 3rd brake light but haven't installed it yet. Mine just requires two wires.

ChevyCowboy22

Reaction score
I emailed the company i bought it from and they said they have had alot of complaints lately and they asked me to return the light for a full refund.