thinking about exhaust system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98 gmc 4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im thinking on doing a single in dual out flow 44 exiting right in front of the passanger tire, or running duals out the back to a 45 exiting behind each tire. Or a flowmaster 10 series in the same exiting pattern. I have a gutted cat now and a stock muffler i hate the sound i want it to sound like a v8. Does any one have a flow 44 or 10 on there truck how does it sound do you like it? i have a 5.0L ive listend to many vids of 5.7 on youtube will my truck sound the same as the 5.7???? thanks for your help.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
IMO, V6's never sound close to V8s. And in the case of small block and big block Chevy's, nothing will sound like them. You can get a good sound from the V6, but it will always be a higher pitch than a V8. V8's will always have a more muscular sound.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well actually... it IS possible (however unlikely) to have a 305 (5.0L) V6 in a gmt400. You can get them out of a lot of 60's and 70's GMC trucks, from half ton on up. Would be an interesting swap, to say the least, especially if you switched it to EFI. Here's a pic to give you an idea:

305 V6

You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited: