Thinking about an engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Being a mini 6BT all of the same power adders apply (injectors, pump, turbo, fuel plate, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
id just go 6bt and call it a day, more bang for the same buck from what ive seen.

I was thinking about going with the 6bt, but the 4bt is lighter so I wont have to worry about beefing up the frame and suspension as much to handle the added weight.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Why swap to a 4bt for basically the same power if 6 hats what your going for. Now if your going for fuel mileage the 4bt would be a good choice

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Eh.... IMO an engine swap for mileage is never gonna pay you back in money saved vs money spent...

You do these things for love and glory, but not for practice reasons hahaha....

Although enough time to invest, I.e. making your own brackets etc, usually can make up for a lack of money.

Reaction score
How much bigger is the 6bt? Would it be harder to fit one? I just looked and I could get a 6bt for cheaper than a 4, and no matter what I use I'll probably strengthen the frame.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
It's 2 cyl longer it'll be a tighter fit than a 4bt but it's been done plenty

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was planning a Cummins swap in my truck until I found there isn't a shop around here that would rebuild the G56 a friend hooked me up with. Parts are really scarce so they ship off broken ones for remanufactured ones. It's in pieces so I can't even sell it for a core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk